Grundlegung Online Comparison Tool
Grundlegung Online Comparison Form
Instructions, Tips, and Hints
- Select the edition which has the page and line number of interest.
- Pick (or type, if your browser supports it) the page and then the line number from the lists.
- Check the editions in which to find the corresponding line.
- Check any options that you want. (Note that the Grid, Shading, and Styling options require that your browser supports CSS, as most modern browsers do.)
- Extra Text includes some text of the same kind (i.e., body text versus footnote text) surrounding the selected line.
- Grid puts the text in a plane of intersecting straight lines, as if in a spreadsheet or on graphing paper.
- Shading varies the background color behind the text.
- Styling tries to mimic the font styling (e.g., letter spacing) of the original editions.
- Press the form's Submit button.
- Note that the comparison is done only on the German text minus the title page.
- The 178x editions have pages numbered from iii to xvi and then from 1 to 128.
- Line 26 is frequently the last line on a page from the 178x editions.
- The Academy edition pages run from 387 to 463.
- Line 37 is typically the last line on an Academy edition page.
- The Comparison Tool will complain if you select a page or a page and line combination that does not exist in the selected edition.
- Be aware that there are already some prepared comparisons available on the Compare page.